Chemonics International Inc., an international development consulting firm, seeks a professional for the following position on the USAID Nove Pravosuddya Justice Sector Reform Program in Ukraine:
The operations manager is responsible for a wide range of human resource and operational activities and will carry out daily oversight of the program’s logistical and administrative staff, procurements, policies and procedures, compliance with local law, record-keeping, and design and implementation of administrative systems. In addition, the operations manager will be responsible for supporting various activities relating to financial management, contractual compliance, and reporting. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist program leadership in administration of day-to-day activities, including coordination of routine office operations; overseeing administrative and logistical aspects of technical programming; and office maintenance.
- Manage human resource procedures relating to local staff and experts, including recruitment and onboarding processes; preparation and revision of scopes of work; maintaining personnel files; drafting and updating employment agreements and policy documents in coordination with corporate compliance teams; and assisting the finance team with processing payroll.
- Supervise administrative and logistical staff, and coordinate with finance team on activities relating to financial reporting, cash management, and budgeting.
- Oversee office and program procurements, personnel policies and procedures, and recordkeeping systems.
- Support Chemonics corporate registration and operations in Ukraine.
- Perform other tasks consistent with qualifications and program requirements.
- Five years of experience in office management and/or international technical assistance operations, including oversight of human resource management, procurements/logistics, and administrative support.
- Bachelor’s or equivalent degree in business, management, or other relevant discipline.
- Knowledge of USAID policies and procedures preferred.
- Available for travel (including overnight stays for up to several days within Ukraine and abroad) as required.
- Ability to work with MS Office Suite required.
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity.
- Proficient English and fluent Ukrainian language skills (oral and written) required.
Application Instructions: Please send a CV and a brief cover letter in English in the email body to email@example.com. Please include the name of the position in the subject line. Candidates will be reviewed and interviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled. No telephone inquiries, please. Short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Application Deadline: December 28, 2018.