June 19, 2020, 16:00
The USAID New Justice Program supports the National Association of Mediators of Ukraine in organizing an open webinar “Labor Mediation Online” that will be conducted by representatives of the Federal Mediation and Conciliation Service (FMCS) (USA).
- Eileen Barkas Hoffman – Commissioner, Office of Conflict Management and Prevention (OCMP) and International Services at the FMCS. She mediates labor and internal organizational disputes, implements “systemic” approaches to conflict resolution and prevention in the organization;
- David Thaler – FMCS Senior Advisor and Chief International Affairs Officer. He mediates labor disputes, specializes in disputes concerning collective bargaining, grievances of employees, and workplace discrimination;
- Denise Patterson McKenney – Commissioner, ADR and International Services. She mediates labor and internal organizational disputes, specializes in workplace discrimination cases;
- Peter J. Bryan Swanson – Director, Office of Conflict Management & Prevention of the FMCS. He specializes in conflict resolution, leadership development, coaching, organizational development, and training/education to provide systemic and holistic approaches to conflict resolution and prevention.
Topics for discussion:
- historical context and labor mediation development in the USA;
- how the Federal Mediation and Conciliation Service receives cases;
- comparison of the American labor mediation model with other models;
- stages of labor mediation.
Mandatory registration at the following link: https://forms.gle/dsZqZy1dKgz3Skse6.
The webinar will take place at the Zoom video conference platform (https://zoom.us/). Please upgrade Zoom app to the latest version.
Join the meeting following the link: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/82204242508?pwd=NG0zL1BmTmErREpyUkNiTytSZFdydz09
Meeting ID: 822 0424 2508
The webinar will be conducted in English, with simultaneous interpretation into Ukrainian.
This event will not be recorded.