November 17, 2020, 15:00
The USAID New Justice Program, Pathfinders for Peaceful, Just and Inclusive Societies, Legal Development Network NGO, and Ukrainian Access to Justice School of Practice invite representatives of national and local government, judiciary, bar, grassroots legal empowerment organizations, civil society, donor community and all those interested to take part in the National Consultations on People-Centered Justice that will serve as the kickoff for a series of events aimed to introduce and promote the concept of people-centered justice in Ukraine with a focus to justice problems people face, including those resulting from the COVID-19 pandemic.
- introduce the concept of people-centered justice to the Ukrainian audience,
- discuss how the people-centered approach can help to address the justice related problems people face, including those resulting from the COVID-19 pandemic,
- discuss the draft roadmap aimed at solving a specific justice related problem affecting marginalized populations in Ukraine.
International and Ukrainian experts:
- Allyson Maynard-Gibson, Former Attorney-General and Minister for Legal Affairs of the Bahamas, Member, Task Force on Justice
- Gustavo Maurino, Center on International Cooperation New York University Fellow, former National Director of Access to Justice in Argentina and Sherpa of Task Force on Justice
- Maha Jweied, Center on International Cooperation New York University Fellow, Former Acting Director of the U.S. Department of Justice’s Office for Access to Justice
- Yevgen Poltenko, Executive Director, Legal Development Network
- Dmytro Foremnyi, Justice Accelerator Head, Ukraine, The Hague Institute for Innovation of Law (HiiL)
Please fill in the form for registration before November 15, 18:00. The link to the meeting will be sent one day before the event to the email address that you indicated in your registration form.
The webinar will be conducted using the Zoom video conferencing platform. Please update your Zoom client/application (https://zoom.us/download) to ensure availability of new translation settings.
Working languages: English and Ukrainian, simultaneous translation will be provided.