September 7, 2021, 16:00
The Ukrainian Bar Association (UBA), with support from the USAID New Justice Program, will present results of the ranking of Ukrainian law schools based on the Methodology for Law School Rankings developed and piloted with the USAID New Justice Program’s support and in cooperation with the American Chamber of Commerce, Association of Legal Clinics, UBA Law Students League, EU Pravo-Justice Project, Foundation DEJURE, and Forbes Ukraine. This event will familiarize all interested individuals with criteria used to evaluate the quality of legal education in various law schools. Besides, it will encourage law schools to keep improving the quality of legal education and their educational environment.
The pilot ranking is intended to:
- Establish the first independent yearly ranking of Ukrainian law schools to be administered by a leading association of legal professionals;
- Stimulate competition among law schools;
- Introduce clear targets for the education quality for enrollees and employers.
- Serhiy Kvit, Chairperson of the National Agency for Higher Education Quality Assurance;
- Julia Hryshyna, Member of the Ukrainian Parliament, Chairperson of the Sub-committee on Higher Education of the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine Committee on Education, Science, and Innovations;
- Oleksandr Pyzhov, Director General, Directorate for European Integration, Budgeting, and Policies Reconciliation, Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine;
- Andriy Boyko, Doctor of Legal Sciences, Professor at the National University of Kyiv Mohyla Academy, National Expert of the EU Pravo-Justice Project;
- Julia Lomzhets, Head of the Association of Legal Clinics of Ukraine;
- Volodymyr Landa, Deputy Editor-in-Chief, Forbes Ukraine;
- Julia Seredynska, Chairperson of UBA Law Students League;
- Representatives from the American Chamber of Commerce and DEJURE Foundation;
- Artem Shaipov, Legal Advisory, USAID New Justice Program.
You may join the event either online or offline. Follow the link to learn more.