March 19, 2021, 10:00
Association of Legal Clinics in Ukraine (ALCU), together with the OSCE Project Co-ordinator in Ukraine and USAID New Justice Program invite to participate in the presentation of the Clinical Legal Education in Ukraine textbook. The presentation will take place during the ALCU’s Forum 2021.
Date: March 19, 2021
Venue: Premier Hotel Lybid (Kyiv, 1 Peremohy Square)
Time: 10:00 – 11:20
You can join a discussion online via ZOOM at https://us02web.zoom.us/j/85449962582?pwd=cEdiNHZ0ekJMcXVXbmMydUtENDlEZz09
Conference ID: 854 4996 2582
Please download and install a free ZOOM app on your computer beforehand.
The textbook is the result of the long and extensive work of a large team of co-authors, it presents the history of the origin and formation of clinical education of law students both in the world and in Ukraine, as an effective form of their practical training for future careers.
The publication of the textbook will promote the practical training of future lawyers, accelerate the development of clinical education and strengthen the role of the legal clinic in the educational process of law schools.
The presentation will feature a panel discussion on the need to strengthen the practical component in the training of lawyers, which will be attended by:
- Volodymyr Sushchenko, the textbook editor,
- Karin Rolke, Senior Project Officer of the OSCE Project Co-ordinator in Ukraine,
- David Vaughn, Chief of Party of the USAID New Justice Program,
- Mykola Udod, one of the founders of the legal clinic movement,
- Yuliya Lomzhets, Head of the Association of Law Clinics of Ukraine,
- Representatives of the Ministry of Education and Science, National Agency for the Quality of Higher Education, and other stakeholders.
Live streaming will be available on the Facebook pages of the Association of Legal Clinics of Ukraine and USAID New Justice Program, as well as on the OSCE Program Co-ordinator in Ukraine YouTube channel.
The publication and presentation of the textbook became possible with the support from the OSCE Project Co-ordinator in Ukraine and with the assistance of the American people through the United States Agency for International Development (USAID).