June 3, 2021, 17:00
The National School of Judges, with assistance from the USAID New Justice Program and in cooperation with the National Judicial College, Reno, USA, offers a series of open webinars on various topics for judges, judicial clerks, and court staff.
The next webinar in this series – “Enhancing Judicial Bench Skills”.
The authority of justice among others is provided through effective oversight of the courtroom. This course is aimed to enhance the skills in promoting civility in the courtroom, effective communication behaviors on the bench, dealing with difficult litigants, and apply contempt powers from the bench with confidence and restraint.
After this 120-minute webcast, participants will be able to:
- Demonstrate effective communication behaviors on the bench;
- Handle trial disruptions and difficult litigants with confidence;
- Identify techniques to minimize the impact of implicit bias;
- Analyze viable court security options;
- Identify the feasibility of the use of contempt powers.
Working language: English. Simultaneous translation into Ukrainian will be provided.
The webinar will be conducted on the Zoom platform. You can join the meeting at this link.
Please update your Zoom client/application (https://zoom.us/download) to ensure the availability of new translation settings.
Information on other webinars of this series is available here.