On November 24, 2020, the National School of Judges, with assistance from the USAID New Justice Program, and cooperation with the National Judicial College, Reno, USA, conducted the sixth open webinar on “Art of Sentencing”.
After this webcast, listeners will be able to:
- Pay more attention in assessing the set of both sides’ arguments presented in the courtroom in light of the burden of proof requirements and reasonable doubts;
- Consider the public interest issues to balance the gravity of the crime committed;
- Consider the defendant’s personal life circumstances led to or caused the criminal action;
- Apply more carefully the proportionality principle while imposing the penalty;
- Envision the potential consequences to safeguard the defendant future social correction and positive reintegration as free member of the society.
More information is available here.
Webinar materials are available here.
Video with Ukrainian translation is available here.